As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be able to immediately help us…
- Improve teacher effectiveness and increase student learning by delivering in-classroom games and presenter queues tied to our video lessons on the web.
- Craft a mobile app experience that leapfrogs the web interface, allowing students to work toward their degree on-the-go.
- Improve student grades with a easy-to-use, reliable method for capturing and responding to student questions.
- Inform student decisions by connecting them with timely information on career and school options.
- Streamline lesson content creation with a sleek new modular, microservices-based content management system optimized for our educators.
- Ease students’ path to college credit through placement tests which elegantly adapt to each students' level of mastery.
Study.com developers help our cross-functional teams rally around common goals to deliver valuable features like these frequently – sometimes multiple times a day. Our developers work together on the front- and back-end, emphasizing collaboration, learning and fast feedback, including pair programming and regular (constructive!) code reviews. We invest in developers’ growth, which reflects and reinforces our mission to make education accessible.
At a minimum, you should have these technical qualifications for this role:
- 4+ years work experience with Java
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Fluency with object oriented design, data structures and multithreaded algorithms
You could be a great fit for the team if you…
- Enjoy improving user experiences and accessibility applying modern HTML for all form factors
- Desire to work in a collaborative cross-functional team working toward common goals
- Emphasize simplicity and pragmatism, reflected in your elegant code which other developers emulate
- Have a calling for building modular front-end code leveraging REST-based services