As a member of the Autopilot Vision team you will research, design, implement, optimize, train and deploy neural network models that advance the state of the art in autonomous driving. A strong candidate will ideally possess at least one strong expertise in the following areas, and at least a basic familiarity in others.
- Design and develop state-of-the-art deep learning architectures in one or all of the following areas: object recognition, semantic segmentation, object detection, etc.
- Conduct performance analysis and optimize neural networks training code.
- Improve compute and memory efficiency of neural network training.
- Optimize deep neural networks and the associated preprocessing/postprocessing code to run efficiently on an embedded device.
- Integrate embedded code with the larger Tesla Autopilot development team to introduce new features and capabilities to Tesla’s vehicles.
- Closely follow academic developments in the field of machine learning.
- BS, MS or PhD in Distributed Systems, Computer Architecture, High Performance Computing, Machine Learning, or related field.
- Knowledge of computer architecture, and emerging deep learning accelerators. CUDA or OpenCL programming experience is a plus.
- Relevant work or research experience in performance analysis and compiler optimizations.
- Distributed systems programming or numerical methods experience.
- Excellent Python programming and software design skills, including debugging, performance analysis, and test design. C/C++ experience is a plus.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and frameworks, especially frameworks such as Pytorch, TensorFlow etc.
- Display a real passion and knowledge of the latest developments in DL and AI.
- Ability to work independently and lead your own development effort.