Lead Data Scientist
The NPD Group
Headquarters: Port Washington, NY
See all The NPD Group jobs →
Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
Work with the latest machine learning techniques and technologies to influence the innovation of products in a highly collaborative environment.
Checkout Tracking is a revolutionary marketing research platform that captures consumer purchases from smartphones and transforms the data into information products for our many clients. From millions of consumers we mine hundreds of millions of receipts - yielding transaction-level detail across all retailers, all channels, and over time.
Join this startup business with the financial backing of one of the marketing research industry’s leading companies:
- Create the next set of methodologies for data classification and error detection
- Leverage big-data technology to design, prototype, develop and optimize production algorithms
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand their needs and build new solutions
- Develop plans for data collection and analyses for future machine learning and natural language processing capabilities
- 4+ years (Master’s Degree) or 2+ years (PhD) experience. Advanced degree in computer science, statistics, physics, or related quantitative field preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to design algorithms including data profiling, clustering, anomaly detection, text analytics, and predictive modeling
- Strong skills in statistical analyses with abilities in advanced data management and statistical programming using python, R, Java, and/or other languages
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem, Spark
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Understanding of cloud platforms like AWS and Azure
- Team-oriented (we run a meritocracy), creative, tenacious, curious, and passionate about data and data science
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.