thredUP is the largest online marketplace for secondhand clothing. We make buying and selling a cinch for millions of women across the globe. The company resells more than 35,000 brands across hundreds of categories at up to 90% off the original retail value. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco and backed by world-class investors, thredUP is reinventing the secondhand clothing industry and inspiring a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first.
The HR Business Partner will own all aspects of human resources for our newly opened distribution center in Phoenix, Az. They will manage employee relations, be an active member of the operations leadership team, and play a vital role in the coaching and development of leadership and team members as the distribution center grows.
The HRBP will also be responsible for shared projects across all thredUP locations and will work cross-functionally with many of the thredUP support teams. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to make a huge impact in an organization.
- Guide leaders and employees regarding Company policies, values, and HR programs (benefits, pay and salary) administration and interpretation to ensure policies and procedures are handled consistently and timely
- Must accurately diagnose organization issues, develop solutions and implement action plans
- Drive employee engagement and retention efforts in the Distribution Center and partner with other thredUP HR Managers to collaborate on best practices
- Facilitate and schedule new hire orientations and conduct feedback sessions to promote insight and growth
- Ability to translate current business needs into sound HR practices and policies
- Oversee and implement HR policies and procedures, programs and materials, benefits, personnel support, leaves, immigration and HR reporting while ensuring compliance with Federal, State and Local laws
- Manage employee relations, conduct internal investigations and audits as necessary, and process and approve terminations and discipline
- Assist in EEOC and DFEH responses, employee surveys, and lead compliance efforts
- Partner with Operations and Distribution Center Management to drive change and growth in preparation of product launches and workforce growth
- Oversee performance management processes and compensation program for Operations
- Complete additional HR related tasks as needed such as HR metrics, Safety and OSHA compliance, etc.
Skills & Abilities:
- Outstanding oral/written communication, organizational, Microsoft Office and computer skills required
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills
- Superior interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and establish rapport with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and work under pressure and independently
- Experience with development procedures for hourly employees and first-level supervisors
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or similar
- 3-5 years of experience in a Human Resources Generalist role or similar
- Experience with Payroll, FMLA, ADA, Disability Leave, Benefits, National Labor Relations Act, Dept. Of Labor, Fair Labor Standards Act, HIPAA, DFEH, EEOC, and state laws
- Knowledge of human resources record-keeping requirements and administration
- Experience with Lean manufacturing
- Experience in a start-up environment
*Competitive Compensation Package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, stock options, 30% company discount