thredUP is the largest online marketplace for secondhand clothing, making buying and selling a cinch for millions of women across the globe. The company resells more than 35,000 brands across hundreds of categories at up to 90% off the original retail value. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco and backed by world-class investors, thredUP is reinventing the secondhand clothing industry and inspiring a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first.
At thredUP, our distribution centers are the lifeblood of our business. Our ability to attract, hire and retain top-tier talent is critical for our future success. That’s where our Operations Recruiter steps in. The Operations Recruiter is the owner of all things recruiting, candidate engagement and employer branding for our distribution center in Mechanicsburg, PA. Sound interesting to you? Read on…..
What will I be doing as a Operations Recruiter?
- Find a needle in a haystack. And then do it again (and again). This is a full-cycle, high volume recruitment opportunity focused on identifying talented hourly team members and distribution center leadership in an ever-changing environment.
- Jack of all trades. You are capable of managing all job requisitions within the Mechanicsburg facility, while also building strong brand recognition within the community, and providing a best-in-class candidate experience.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. You will partner closely with the DC leadership team and national team of recruiters to meet or exceed our ever-shifting hiring needs. You’ll flex according to the business objectives. You will also help create, iterate and implement new recruiting processes based on feedback and recommendations for your cross-functional partners.
- Lights, camera, action. You’re the “face” of the thredUP to external candidates, and are passionate about creating excitement around the brand and our career opportunities. You will manage a large pipeline of candidates end-to-end through the hiring and onboarding funnels.
- Check all the boxes. You will monitor and evaluate recruiting effectiveness, success and periodically report back to your business partners, peers and leadership.
What kind of applicants are a great fit for thredUP?
- Experience under your belt. You have 3+ years experience with high-volume recruitment. Even better, 1+ year of experience with hourly workforce recruitment in a warehouse environment.
- Cut from the same cloth. You are passionate about getting things done quickly and not afraid to get scrappy. We roll up our sleeves, get creative, and think out of the box to engage candidates. You will really make us swoon if have a large professional network, and are well connected in the Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg community.
- One smart cookie. You have a four-year college degree . And you also have common sense (which is not always common).
- May I have your attention please? You are comfortable speaking to large groups of people and know how to work effectively with different personality types.
- Performance Driven Around here, our hiring targets are big and our list of accomplishments is even bigger. We’re looking for an individual with a proven track record of success working with performance metrics, and experience leveraging data to make educated decisions.
Show me the money...
- Become a thredUP owner. thredUP is still privately owned, so we offer stock options. If we’re successful, you’re successful!
- Love a good sale? That’s right, we have an employee discount on our already discounted prices. Spend responsibly.
- Just in case of emergencies. We do offer medical, dental, vision, and pet insurance as well as 401(k)
Our legal team made us spell this out…
Must be at least 18 years old and have English language proficiency. We are proud to say thredUP is an equal opportunity employer.