thredUP is the largest online marketplace for secondhand clothing. We make buying and selling a cinch for millions of women across the globe. The company resells more than 35,000 brands across hundreds of categories at up to 90% off the original retail value. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco and backed by world-class investors, thredUP is reinventing the secondhand clothing industry and inspiring a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first.
About the Role
As a Technical Recruiting Manager you will develop, drive, and execute recruitment strategies that support our engineering and product teams while also occasionally managing a req load of non-technical roles within our marketing and G&A teams. With business growth at the forefront, you’ll act as trusted advisor and consultant to senior business leaders. You will define and develop strategic hiring plans to meet quarterly hiring forecasts, and creatively source and recruit top-tier talent with a diverse range of experience and functional areas.
You'll report to the Director of Talent Acquisition and will play a critical role in defining our recruitment roadmap. You must be comfortable managing a req load, and also acting as a mentor and coach to other members of the recruiting team.
- Partner with and influence senior business leaders to create and identify ideal candidate profiles based on thredUP’s growing business needs
- Work in partnership with Director, Talent Acquisition to define and build out recruiting programs
- Utilize current recruiting tools and best practices to cultivate robust pipelines for active and passive talent across a wide-variety of business functions.
- Compile and analyze data and metrics to support recommendations and business decisions
- Identify trends and leverage knowledge, data and competitive intelligence to develop creative, customized sourcing strategies
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and coaching to more junior team members
- 5+ years of Recruiting experience
- 3+ years of Technical Recruiting experience
- Strong communication skills and the ability work with cross-functional teams
- Experience developing and refining interview processes and candidate engagement strategies
- Experience leveraging a variety of sourcing and recruiting tools
- Experience recruiting for an offshore development team a plus
- Prior management experience a plus.