Three Ships is looking to hire an Analytics and Attribution Manager whois responsible for connecting dots between advanced analytics, attribution implementation and digital marketing to help us more effectively optimize media investments.
The ideal candidate shares our passion for data and technology; uncovering actionable insights; and continuous, measurable improvement. This person must be extremely detail-oriented, with a curious nature and the drive to constantly push the envelope of how we integrate data and technology to provide innovative solutions on our client and digital properties.
The Analytics and Attribution Manager is expected to demonstrate the following skills: hands-on skills in quantitative data management and attribution technologies, analysis, problem solving, analytical modeling, the ability to develop/analyze business cases, research skills, and excellent oral and written communication skills. The Analytics and Attribution Manager is highly self-motivated and has the ability to operate independently with limited guidance and direction.Above all else, this person understands that his or her work will drive revenue growth for our business and will relentlessly help us find value in our digital investments.
Key Accountabilities of this Role:
New client onboarding: Ensure our clients go live in 4 weeks or less with correct attribution implementation:
- Architect an accurate data and attribution system to get a new client live
- Participate in / run client calls and communication related to attribution and reporting
- Execute the attribution design through setting up DialogTech, working with our dev team on creating form fills, creating URL tracking, integrating with Kenshoo, etc
- QA to ensure complete accuracy
New client reporting: Set up appropriate reporting mechanisms for new clients so we are able to measure ROI:
- Set up accurate and (as possible) automated reporting of clients' CRM / e-com data -- best-in-class would be a daily, automated report of conversions (keyword level from paid campaigns, page-level from organic)
- Set up GTM, GA and GSC for new clients
- Set up other tools (Hot Jar, etc.) to help the commercial owners optimize performance
Ongoing maintenance and optimization
- For all current clients, create a reliable QA system to ensure continued accuracy and success
- Create a QA system to ensure we are not surpassing tool usage limits
- Audit in-place systems to see where we can improve
- Document all systems and processes
- Build dashboard to allow the commercial owner to make targeted, data-driven decisions about each site's performance
- Automate GSC pull every 90 days
- Pull ad hoc reports for team members as needed
- Integrate our properties with affiliate systems like Amazon, ShareaSale, etc.
- Create reports so we can track ROAS on a SKU-level basis
Strategic analysis of digital marketing investment opportunities
- Run and iterate on our organic keyword selection process to help select the top keywords we should target based on synthesis of Adwords, GSC, Ahrefs, Spyfu and SEMRush tools
- Prepare Investment Committee analyses on organic search as requested
What My Resume and Background Shows:
- Bachelor’s degree (with emphasis in mathematics, analytics or statistics a plus) and 3+ years of experience in digital marketing / media analytics, including Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Kenshoo, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, etc.
- Passionate ownership. You understand that your job is intricately tied to our revenue. You are critical of data and chase down all unknowns. You wake up in the morning and immediately check yesterday’s results. You possess a strong sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done quickly, efficiently and excellently. You don’t give excuses or allow dependencies to disrupt your plans. You hold yourself accountable and tightly manage external resources and freelancers to success.
- Hands on and incredibly curious. You obsess over data and digital trends. You pour over GA exports and live in excel. You’re excited to dissect tech stacks and solve the riddle of how to connect a click to a sale.
- Excellent communicator.You can break down technical tasks into simple steps, even for digital neophytes. You can diagram a company’s tech stack. You can talk to a CMO just as easily as a junior developer.
Why You Should Join Us:
- Results – At Three Ships, we have eight consecutive years of profitability and a track record of successful growth in the digital marketing space.
- Stability – We are privately owned, have a holding period of forever, have no debt, have significant cash to invest – we’re “rock solid” financially.
- Exposure – You will have a front-row seat in growing a business. Your teammates have built and sold companies, managed 100s of employees, and run campaigns with Fortune 500 brands.
- Career Growth – There is no cap on growth, promotions or the opportunity to own and put your stamp on important projects. Prove your value and you will be rewarded accordingly.
- Learning – We are a small and mighty team but also have the advantage of tapping into the Three Ships ecosystem and working with subject matter experts in creative, branding, content strategy, SEO, paid media and more. The opportunity to grow new skills and learn from smart people is endless.
- Fun – Our team has a high bar for excellence, but also a real interest in each other and making work fun.
About Three Ships:
Three Ships drives growth through digital marketing. We operate two business lines -- client performance and consumer media. Our client performance team works with operating companies to increase revenue from digital channels. Our consumer media team operates market-leading consumer websites in fast-growth verticals such as home services, mattresses and health care.
Our approach to digital marketing is supported by years of success in creating performance-driven content, media investment management, and conversion rate optimization. Among our arsenal of assets, we have invested more than $3 million in developing a proprietary machine-learning technology to organize the way we identify, compete, and win search keywords.
Three Ships was named the 2016 North Carolina Small Business of the Yearby Business North Carolina. We operate HouseMethod.com, MattressAdvisor.com, RemedyReview.com, and have investments in two specialized digital agencies. Across everything we do, we unlock growth for our clients through digital marketing.
- Build The Team: Motivate by providing a positive, impactful example; have ownership mentality
- Grow Without Limits: Embrace continual learning and improvement; be open-minded
- Act With Focus: Manage time well; execute
- Get After It: Exemplify passion; be exceptional; deliver game-changing results
- Competitive healthcare options including both high deductible and PPO options, 100% of employee health premium paid by Three Ships
- Vision and dental coverage
- Long-term disability insurance paid by Three Ships
- 401k with company match
- Free housecleaning once a month or monthly gym membership reimbursement
- Stocked snack cabinets and beverage refrigerators
- Casual dress code
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this role. All offers for employment at Three Ships are subject to a background check.
Job Type: Full-time
- Digital Marketing: 3 years
- Raleigh, NC
Required work authorization:
- United States