As long as there are people who make the world a better place, we'll keep making a difference for them. Since 1918, it has been TIAA's mission to serve those who serve others. It is this mission and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization.
When you work here at TIAA, you're not just in it for yourself. You are part of something bigger. A collective mission to make a difference - a collective mission we make our own.
To be difference makers.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
The Technical Lead will reside out of our Charlotte, NC technology hub and will lead the design and development of our artificial intelligence and NLP/ChatBots applications. This resource must be a skilled problem solver with good design and programming skills in Java/Python. The Technical will also have proven expertise in the areas of machine learning, NLG, NLU, Classifiers, and deep learning. This role will also lead a team of AI Developers and guide them from end to end project execution.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage the technical delivery of medium to large, moderately complex projects on-time, on-budget and with targeted zero defects
- Provide planning, estimation, scheduling, prioritization and coordination of technical activities related to system development
- Ensure system alignment to Enterprise Architecture policies and best practices; ensure that process methodologies are followed in system development
- Accountable to business and technology management for end to end application scoping, planning, development and delivery that meets and exceeds quality standards
- Oversee creation and approval of technical documentation including the Solution Definition document and Technical Design document; ensure documentation is aligned to the Functional Requirements and uses document templates that meet SDLC standards
- Identify and manage dependencies and downstream impacts of the project to minimize adverse effects on other projects and / or programs
- Manage day to day technical challenges and communicate to project manager any risks or issues associated with the development activities
- Assist Project manager with the estimation of technical timelines and allocation of the technical resources to specific task
- Coordinate coding and unit testing phases of system development and facilitate Code Reviews
- Identify opportunities for system reuse and system simplification
- Communicate Expectations, Roles and Responsibilities to team members and hold them accountable to meet the expectations
- Collaborate with IT partners to devise capacity plan and ensure appropriate infrastructure for the end to end system delivery
- 5 or more years Java/Python hands-on coding experience
- Must Hands-on experience with NLP
- Experience with AI based ChatBots design, development and deployment
- Experience with Omni-channel strategy and deployments across Facebook Messenger, Alexa, Google Home, and Siri
- Experience with predictive insights and Machine Learning data models (supervised and unsupervised, Classifiers, Data training)
- Experience with Agile Methodologies and tools
- Experience with building & deploying enterprise application on cloud (preferably AWS)
- Experience setting up quick prototypes & solutions using freeware and 3rd party software
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Mathematical, statistical, and probability inclination and deep understanding of AI concepts
- Oversee and manage team of Artificial Intelligence software developers
- Experience managing multiple projects and working independently
- Strong exposure to NLU/NLI/NLG
- Strong experience with conversational design and development
- Exposure to Virtual Reality Mixed Reality, Augmented Reality
- Exposure to RPA concepts
- Preferably Bachelors/Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Interest in learning new technologies
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).