Powering the world's most popular app for meeting new people requires highly scalable, fault-tolerant, and performant systems. As a Big Data Infrastructure and DevOps engineer, you will build critical big data infrastructure and analytical pipelines processing billions of events per day. You’ll build and maintain tools to deploy, monitor, and operate our systems, while working closely with software engineers to automate and streamline our development and production environments. In this role, you will work on a small, fast-paced team and have the opportunity to make an immediate impact on Tinder’s big data initiatives. We would love to talk to you if you are interested in helping Tinder users achieve stronger matches, engage more effectively and create more love, at a truly global scale.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Los Angeles, CA.
In this role, you will:
- Support our cloud-based data technology stack: Spark/EMR, Redshift, DynamoDB, RDS, etc.
- Automate data pipeline deployment and configuration management with Python and CM tools
- Evaluate and drive the adoption of big data open source tools
- Monitor the health and security of our big data infrastructure with a focus on automation, reliability and observability
- Participate in a small team on-call rotation
We’re looking for:
- 5+ years strong system programming experience with Python and Bash
- 2+ years experience of developing and maintaining AWS cloud technologies
- 2+ years working with configuration management tools such as SaltStack or Puppet
- Experience working with Spark, Kafka, Kinesis, Airflow, EMR is preferred
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline is preferred
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, endless supply of refreshments, basketball court, fitness classes and social events
- Modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location