Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get: Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry.
At UHC, we're focused on doing things that have not been done yet; helping improve lives in ways that were unthinkable until we thought of them. We've spent decades investing in the technology and information capabilities that help us bring new ideas to market faster. We've developed solutions that are practical today and scalable for tomorrow. And we've created collaborative teams dedicated to innovation across each of our businesses.
Now, we invite you to bring your knowledge of chat bots and/or Virtual Assistants to drive the next generation AI assisted learning for our customers and agents. If you are a software developer looking to increase and broaden your experience as a full stack developer and extension into machine learning, then this could be the best opportunity for you. Positions in this function are involved in the development and deployment of the organization's next generation chat bot platform and applications.
- Transform ChatBot Proof of Concept software designs into Enterprise Software Solutions
- Develop Platform as a Service (PaaS) software using private and/or public clouds
- Collaborate with the business to understand/influence business requirements
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies/products/trends related to ChatBots and corresponding architectural solutions
- Develop software and system architecture while ensuring alignment with enterprise technology standards (e.g. solution patterns, application frameworks, technology roadmaps)
- Develop ChatBot applications
- Develop REST/ JSON API’s
- Design code for high scale/availability/resiliency
- Develop responsive web apps. and integrate 3rd party and internal API’s using Node.JS
- Passionate about hands-on coding, testing, releasing, monitoring, and supporting working software in production
- Has depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple software engineering disciplines
- Self-Driven - actively looks for ways to contribute
- Has a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship, takes pride in the code they write and believes that good software development includes good testing, documentation, and collaboration
- Collaborates, builds consensus, and iteratively improves solutions
- 5+ years of programming language experience
- 3+ years of experience designing enterprise software systems
- Experience developing and deploying applications on public cloud
- Possess depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple software engineering disciplines
- Experience with micro services and REST APIs
- Experience in embedding Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence, or analytics into a scaled IT development environment
- ChatBot or Virtual Assistants experience
- Kore.AI experience
- Node.Js experience
- Python, Scala, Typescript experience
- Experience with Conversational UI / UX
- Strong understanding and demonstrated use of design patterns
- Experience with agile software development methods
- Experience with unit and functional tests, preferably using test driven development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Health care industry experience
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.