Director of Data Engineering, Marketing Analytics
Headquarters: SAN BRUNO, CA
See all Walmart jobs →
As a Director of Data Engineering - Marketing Analytics, you will have the opportunity to lead and work closely with our marketing team to gather all marketing data, provide insights and build predictive models that increases the effectiveness of marketing campaigns. We are focused on teamwork, technology, and most importantly the customer. From using traditional web applications to visualization tools to mobile to enable data scientists and business users get actionable insights into extreme data, there are a lot of exciting opportunities!
•Lead the platform development to harvest the marketing data from disparate data sources into a unified data model.
•Ensure the high fidelity and quality of the data by putting regular automated quality checks in the pipeline.
•Lead the developers and DevOps to develop real-time predictive analysis tools and back-end platform in multi-cloud environments.
•Build an analytics platform that combines the data from all the supported channels and present an omni-channel view of the data.
•Empower marketing professionals to access data in a self-serve model.
•Build AB testing framework to establish implicit feedback pipeline and calculate behavioral analytics off of the gathered feedback.
•Implement machine learning and artificial intelligence models to improve conversion rates and campaign effectiveness.
•Build funnels to better understand customer behavior and leverage them to improve conversion rates.
•Demonstrate and clearly articulate reasoning for design and implementation choices.
•Demonstrate willingness to take feedback and adapt solutions where appropriate.
•Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa.
•Participate in design and code reviews.
•Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering.
•Lead and participate in medium to large-scale projects.
•Be the consummate team player with a demonstrable ability to learn quickly.
•Amazing ability to get stuff done.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Manages and drives the development and management of a customer-level demand forecasting and analysis capability to inform on sources of customer profitability and strategic investments for business strategy for an analytics discipline (for example, forecasting and demand analysis, predictive modeling, data mining)
- Manages relationships with advanced analytics suppliers
- Oversees advanced statistical analytics initiatives for customer-centric management strategies
- Provides overall direction
•BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent.
•Lead engineering staff in developing scalable, high performing services and applications.
•Recruit, hire, develop and retain qualified engineers in support of assigned projects and areas of responsibility.
•Manage engineering projects including assigning resources, managing priorities and defining measurable milestones.
•Evaluate employee performance against assigned objectives and provide feedback to ensure successful completion of objectives.
•Actively seek out opportunities for informal and formal recognition within the team.
•Identify future leaders and provide mentoring to further develop skills and abilities.
•Develop team goals and milestones to meet business objectives.
•Identify appropriate training to develop staff resources.
•Manage capital budgets regarding assigned projects.
•Manage contract resources as necessary within budgets to meet objectives.
•Provide proactive leadership strategies for assigned technologies to ensure company establishes and maintains technological advantage.
•Oversee the research and development of new products, services or capabilities.
•Review, optimize and improve processes and procedures.
•Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements.
•Translates product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
•Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
•Knowledge of the Java programming language, RDBMS, and NoSQL.
•Skills around Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, HBase, Cassandra, Map Reduce
•Knowledge of J2EE and Web service technologies.
•Expert knowledge of design, implement, and consume RESTful APIs .
•Strong experience in debugging, performance tuning and optimization for scalability and high availability.
•Understand SDLC, use of SCM and continuous integration tools.
•Strong customer focus and obsession with quality.
- 4 years experience supervising others.
- Bachelor s degree in Statistics, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, Economics, or related field and 6 years of experience in data analytics or related field OR 16 years of experience in data analytics or related field