Headquarters: Mountain View, CA
See all Waymo jobs →
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead the team for growth; Plan for the evolution of the team with scale, develop the team to be prepared, including the culture, individual professional development and succession planning
- Own the team metrics; identify and implement process improvements while reducing costs
- Align team roadmap with company goals, manage risks and dependencies, and track deliverables
- Forecast driver hiring needs and ensure we stay ahead of plan
- Work with key stakeholders (Facilities, Fleet, Partnerships, Engineering) to ensure the operations are set up for success as we scale
- Maintain strong communication with the larger Mountain View Operations team and key stakeholders across the company
We’d like you to have:
- Bachelors in Business (MBA preferred) and 7+ years experience developing, managing and optimizing fast paced operations in a similar field with similar level of complexity
- Experience working at a start-up
- Experience managing a budget of $10M and optimizing it for efficiency
- A track record of being committed to operational clarity, structure and process development
- Demonstrable leadership skills and ability to collaborate with energy, motivation, determination, and a passion for Waymo and Autonomous Driving
- Strong leadership skills and a track record of recruiting and developing strong talent
- Experience managing a team of 10+ FTEs & 50+ contract workers is required
- Entrepreneurial drive; demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.