Quantitative UX Researcher
Headquarters: Mountain View, CA
See all Waymo jobs →
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this research role you'll:
- Lead critical research to deepen Waymo’s understanding of people’s behaviors and attitudes related to self-driving technology
- Use small and large data sets to develop models and new metrics that best represent user experiences
- Define and maintain a research roadmap in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Develop code and statistical models to understand our user experience
- Drive change by translating research insights into persuasive narratives that inspire innovative solutions and inform key designs
- Travel up to 25% of the time
We’d like you to have:
- An advanced degree related to the study of human behavior (e.g. HCI, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, Applied Linguistics) in combination with a statistics background
- Minimum 4+ years of relevant product research experience working with large data sets in fast-paced and dynamic environments
- Expert level knowledge of quantitative methodologies, multivariate statistics, experiment design, and surveys (used with large scale data sets)
- Experience in a programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics (such as Python, R, Matlab, C++, Java or Go), and in SQL
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills, including the ability to influence key stakeholders
- Ideally but not required - experience working on high-growth consumer products
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.