Senior Applied Scientist - Machine Learning
Headquarters: Redwood City, CA
See all Wealthfront jobs →
We are seeking a Senior Machine Learning Scientist to join the Research team at Wealthfront. The primary responsibility of the role is to build machine learning models to facilitate improvements in Financial Planning and advice. Your focus will span topics related to personalization and recommendations. Successful candidates will combine an ability to derive and apply quantitative models to the empirical analysis of financial and client data. Code and models are the way we express insights and analysis, thus you need to be comfortable working with large datasets and writing significant amounts of code.
- Build machine learning models for financial planning product
- Curate and collect data to train machine learning models, measure, report and compare the performance with baselines
- Be able to drive a research agenda that is well aligned with business needs
- Maintain a current understanding of industry and technology trends in the area of research
- Improve and accelerate technology with science, statistical modeling, algorithm design, and prototyping
- Investigate, identify, and acquire internal / external datasets
- Collaborate with other teams (engineering, product, design, marketing, and compliance) to commercialize new products and ongoing enhancements to existing products
- PhD in Computer Science/Statistics. Candidates from related disciplines with a strong focus on machine learning (e.g. operations research, engineering) are also encouraged to apply
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
- 2+ years of working experience with web-scale data processing, data mining or machine learning applications
- Strong fundamentals in applied statistics and probability
- Technically deep in the principles of building large-scale machine learning systems
- Programming competency in Java and / or Python
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate technical content to an audience with varied backgrounds
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront’s vision is to optimize and automate our clients' finances exclusively through software. We've engineered a platform that delivers highly personalized advice and services including investment management, financial planning, and personal banking.
Wealthfront employees enable our clients to achieve their financial goals by developing sophisticated algorithms and investment strategies, intuitive user experiences and scalable infrastructure to continuously deploy mission-critical code. Join us as we help clients create their roadmap to financial freedom and scale from $11 billion in assets under management to trillions (yes, trillions).