Born from the belief that great things come to those who cook, Yummly provides limitless inspiration, with the tools to make it happen—from recipe discovery to prep to perfect results. Just as appliances removed the most cumbersome chores, the next tipping point in daily life is upon us in the food space. A system of personalized discovery that learns you better to serve you better, so the question “what’s for dinner?” is answered before it’s even asked.
Yummly has grown to over 25M registered users and our mobile apps are consistently the #1 recipe apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows. Next on the menu? Building the connected kitchen of the future.
As a QA Tester at Yummly, you will work with our powerful team of developers to ensuring the highest quality product for both Mobile and Website. As a black-box tester, you will maintain test cases for various components of Yummly, while making sure releases are hit on schedule. You will help scope and test new features and projects that come down the pipeline and into production.
- 2+ years of experience in Black-box QA Testing for Website and/or Mobile
- Working knowledge of QA methodology and testing techniques/approaches
- Great understanding of the ins and outs of website infrastructure
- Worked with any of the following is a plus: GitHub, TestRail, AWS, and Jenkins
- Comfortable working with using Unix
- A track record of working with cross functional teams and an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Thinking outside the box and taking initiative
- Experience in working with web services and mobile apps
- Excellent communications, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
And a little more about us:
At Yummly, we are a team of talented and diverse engineers, scientists, product experts, and marketers on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've seen great success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
We were recently acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we have appetizing aspirations to build the fully-connected kitchen of the future.
We're located in a beautiful, modern office in downtown Redwood City, a few minutes walk from Caltrain. Please talk to us if you have a love for data, hard problems, and food!