ZT Systems is an established multibillion-dollar company, and a technology industry veteran with over 22 years in business. One of America’s fastest-growing private companies, ZT has grown at more than twice the industry average for the past 5 years. Headquartered in the USA with global manufacturing spanning the US, EMEA and APAC, ZT engineers hyperscale compute and storage solutions that are tailored to the unique workloads and business needs of our global datacenter customers. We are passionate about delivering the highest quality solutions and exceeding customer expectations. Here at ZT, we recognize hard work, commitment, leadership, and results, and we truly believe that behind every quality solution is a team of highly talented individuals. Join us at this critical growth inflection point as we engineer the hardware infrastructure powering a world of cloud computing, cloud storage, artificial intelligence and machine to machine transactions.
Megatrends Driving Our Industry
By 2020, more than 7 billion people and businesses, and at least 35 billion devices, will be connected to the internet. A new world of digital business and enhanced human connectivity is emerging, enabled by innovations in artificial intelligence, natural language interfaces, virtual/enhanced reality, and the Internet of Things. In fact, Gartner projects that the shift to the “cloud” will affect over $1 Trillion in IT spending by 2020. To deliver on the promise of these transformative technologies, today’s largest cloud providers require ever more powerful, efficient, and workload-optimized hardware infrastructure. With the proven ability to deliver these solutions, ZT Systems is well positioned as the design,manufacturing and logistics partner of choice for hyperscale compute and storage customers.
ZT Systems is seeking a Compliance Engineer to support the development of ZT products and assure current product compliance to international, federal, state and local regulations. The Compliance Engineer will provide technical support to the business through the expertise of codes and standards related to the product as well as coordinate certifications and compliance with domestic and international Government and independent test agencies.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Work closely with hardware design teams throughout the product life cycle to obtain the required regulatory compliance and safety certifications
- Validate and prepare ZT products to ensure product is compliant with applicable standards and certifications
- Apply and prepare applications for global certifications and resolve related issues
- Prepare and maintain certification documents, test samples and negotiate certificate pricing
- Design and prepare certificate labels for ZT products
- Validate and ensure any product shipped out of manufacturing facility is compliant with applicable standards and certifications
- Ensure any modification to existing product design is compliant with applicable standards and certification
- Follow revision of applicable standards and certification requirements to ensure all designs and products are compliant
- Translate ZT product user manuals into local languages working with third party translation agencies
- Assist in certificate factory audits to ensure company is compliant with applicable standards
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail - ability to manage multiple projects/assignments simultaneously
- Experience with environmental regulatory certification requirements and processes in the U.S., Asia and Europe
- Knowledge and experience with materials utilized in computer / server manufacturing environments
- Project management experience
- Basic data structure design and system solution implementation aptitude
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Planning and Organization: establish tasks, determine resources and plan actions
- Accountability and Communication: takes ownership, shares information and communicates at a level of detail appropriate for audience
- Teamwork: Works effectively across organizations to achieve company goals and objectives
- Drive for results: Consistently goes above and beyond what the job or situation requires
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of hands on compliance testing, data interpretation and debug experience
ZT Systems offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with work experience and/or education, an excellent benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, and paid time off. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. ZT Systems is a Drug-Free Workplace.